We’ll have a new episode out next week, but we still wanted something fresh in the feeds this week! Since I’ve been referencing this episode (and it got mentioned to me) in multiple recent conversations, I figure it’s great to revisit my chat with Matt Lawler of AEG. It’s a great crash course in how one of the biggest live event-focused sports and entertainment companies in the world monetizes digital and social media.
Audio Player00:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
Listen to episode 185 of the Digital and Social Media Sports podcast, Best Of episodes 123-129. Included are parts of interviews with
- Kris Koivisto, now with T-Mobile and formerly with STN Digital and the Portland Trail Blazers (full episode)
- Val Persinger, now with the Rapid City Rush, formerly with the ECHL (full episode)
- Eric Nichols, South Carolina Athletics, formerly with Vanderbilt Athletics (full episode)
- Jim Cavale, INFLCR, formerly with Iron Tribe (full episode)
- Joel Hammond, The Adcom Group, formerly with the Cleveland Indians (full episode)
- April Whitzman, Rover, formerly w/ Toronto Blue Jays (full episode)